Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Off toTexas

I'm heading to Dallas for a board meeting of the Alliance for American Quilts. Our host is Mark Dunn, the CEO of Moda Fabrics, and our meeting will be at Moda's headquarters! Hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures and give you a virtual peek when I get home.

There is always a featured speaker at our meetings, and this time we are lucky indeed to have Barbara Brackman. As well as her talk on a vintage fabric swatch book that Mark had given her, she will be interviewed by our president, Meg Cox, for our Quilters Save Our Stories project. This will no doubt be highly entertaining as well as informative, as Barbara is one of the funniest people I know.

By the time I get home, I'll bet those daffodils will be popping open!
See you in a few days....

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Bye seester

Judy S. said...

Have a great time, Allie. I love your little quilt. Did you explain somewhere about how you made or where you got the carrots? (I saw about the tops.) It's always fun to see what you create! Now I'm anxiously waiting for your book. BTW, your daffs are way ahead of ours!